RIVER CITY POETS ANTHOLOGY
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submissions will be accepted from June 1, 2017–July 31, 2017. To be considered, your poem(s) must be received no later than midnight July 31, 2017.
Please note: We encourage poets throughout Virginia and beyond to submit to this anthology. A slight editorial advantage will be given, however, to poets who live and write in Richmond, VA.
- Send 1-3 unpublished, original poems attached in an email to email@example.com.
- Each poem should be no longer than one page, single spaced, 12-pt standard font.
- Attach all submitted poems into a single document. Please DO NOT paste your submissions into the body of the email. We accept .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .rtf file types ONLY.
- Do not include the author’s name or any identifying data within the attachment.
- Subject line of the email should include the author’s name and SUBMISSIONS.
- In the body of the email, and in lieu of a cover letter, please let us know your ties to Richmond and the things you love about RVA (if applicable).
- Sorry, but we do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- We ask for First North American Serial Rights to publish, and also that you credit River City Poets Anthology as your work’s first appearance in a publication. Following publication, all rights revert back to the contributor.
- We anticipate letting you know whether or not your work has been accepted for publication by no later than January 1, 2018, but reserve the right to extend the deadline as needed—we are volunteers!
- Sadly, we are unable to offer payment for publication at this time.